sonoria

Registered
Sep 10, 2007
hello,
i'am new bye in the forum and in the whm/cpanel.

i have one server with hosting account and i wuold like to install red5.
anyone can help me step to step to install red5 on whm/cpanel centos OS?

I have read that it must install apache-ant and tomcat but this new installations could damage the system and the hosting account created?

thanks

sonoria

Registered
Sep 10, 2007
thank you DWHS.net,
i have read the how to install red5 on the osflash.org site but this installation can damage my whm accounts?

thanks

barkinmad

Registered
Aug 4, 2009
Enlish

Followed the link for instructions but it makes no sense as it is just lines of code
I have no idea where I am even supposed to type those codes

Can anybody please explain in PLAIN English, step by step, how to do this

Thanks

thewebhosting

May 9, 2008
The URL provided by DWHS already contains explicit steps.

barkinmad

Registered
Aug 4, 2009
Hi,

Some people just automatically asume you know. So for those of you out there that also didn't understand the DWHS link, then here is what would have helped me if someone had writen it, instead of just saying 'you've already been told'...

http://osflash.org/red5/linux-install

So when you open that it doesn't actually say where you are supposed to write all of this code. So...you have to create a ssh account and then put the code in there. If you have WHM/CPanel there is a SSH shell access you can go from there to set up the ssh account (there's a helpful video included). Then the lines of code written can be used once you are signed into the ssh account.

Hope that helps, i'm sure i'm not the only person that didn't automatically know what was going on!

Suzanne

Last edited: