Install server script on cPanel?

fransbms

Registered
Oct 2, 2018
Oregon, USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Today I just become a member of cPanel & WHM, but already one of Bluehost customers quite a while ago.
Since recently/currently my member profile had been upgraded to become "VPS" from "Share", I would like to get a advice/guidance regarding the possibilities of;

Does in VPS environment;
1. Allow me upload and install my IBM Domino Server 9.0.1 Linux version of application?
Will it be allowed and compatible with VPS environment of Bluehost?
2. If the answer is "Yes", may I get guidance how to do the detail steps/what requirements detail, how to do it (General/Specific tutorial is it available?)

Thank you for reading my message, and I am looking forward to hear from you.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @fransbms

First of all I just want to tell you, welcome to cPanel! To be completely honest I'm not incredibly familiar with IBM domino but please see the following:

1. Allow me upload and install my IBM Domino Server 9.0.1 Linux version of application?
Since you have a VPS you would likely have root access and nothing within cPanel will stop you from being able to add applications to the server. That being said I cannot speak for compatibility with cPanel, you'd need to reach out to the makers of that software to learn more in that respect. As far as compatibility with Bluehost that's also something I can't speak to and would be best directed to your provider.

Thanks!