The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install/Update a SSL Host: Invalid IP specified

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FreedomBI, Nov 19, 2009.

1. FreedomBI

FreedomBI Well-Known Member

I am trying to install a new SSL certificate for a domain. The certificate was successfully uploaded. When I go to "Activate SSL on Your Web Site" and select the domain, it does fetch the correct certificate (it matches the emailed one). However, I then get the error "Error from ssl wrapper: Invalid IP specified." I have also tried this from the root WHM SSL/TLS page, but the same "Invalid IP specified" error. And I changed the site's IP to one that is not in use by anything else, but this had no change.

What could be causing "Invalid IP specified"?

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Please submit a support request so that we may investigate directly and examine the issue in-depth; when available, please PM me the ticket ID so that I may follow-up internally. If needed, the link in my forums signature may be used to initiate a ticket submission.

3. InstaCarma_Tech

InstaCarma_Tech Well-Known Member

Yeah..To install an SSL on a domain, it needs to be on a dedicated IP. Make sure that the change in IP has been updated correctly. Did you change the IP through WHM >> IP functions >> Change a site's IP address?