The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install WMH 11.32 theme into WMH 11.34 to restore usability

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by ccpc, Nov 4, 2012.

1. ccpc

ccpc Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well, I submitted a support ticket about this and discovered you can download and modify the themes.

The problem is that there is absolutely no documentation on how or what to do once you download it.

So after trying to edit some css files for WHM 11.34 and having none of the colors I edited change after switching themes, I decided to download the 11.32 theme and upload it in 11.34 and it worked, kind of.

All the neon colored links and buttons are gone and replaced with the 11.32 style, which is much easier on the eyes. What did not change is the navigation menu, it's font size, and the giant main menu icon blocks.

I haven't tested the theme with all functions, but it works for what I need it for and you can revert to the other theme with a couple clicks if you need to, so here it is for anyone else who can't work with the 11.34 theme colors.

Just goto WHM > Themes > Universal Theme Manager > WHM Manage Themes

and upload this theme, it will be called 'xold', after upload it will unpack and all you have to do is activate it.

View attachment xold.zip

As a side note I used to develop software for use with Ensim years ago (which at the time was Cpanels only real competitor IMO), and Ensim had support documentation to get you started creating your own themes. Cpanel needs to get on the ball and get this documentation done.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. mwhost

mwhost Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Very sad that is an individual, instead cPanel, trying to provide an alternative to those who are not happy with new theme...

4. 4arter

4arter Registered

Hate is a strong word, but that is my reaction to the 11.34 default appearance. It is awful.

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Could you expand on what you don't like, a bit more?