The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install XEN on a cPanel powered CentOS server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by accy, Jan 12, 2009.

1. accy

accy Registered

Hello, I'm worrying if it's possible to install XEN on a CentOS 5 with preinstalled cPanel.

I tried once, but I had troubles with cPanel itself. Reverting the defauld Kernel all continued to work as expected.
    Does anyone know what's the cPanel kernel configuration to compare with XEN one?

/proc/config.gz isn't available on cPanel kernels.

2. markhard

markhard Well-Known Member

it's better to install cpanel on a virtual machine instead on the xen host it self

3. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Don't install xen on a installed cpanel machine, it bound to give problems. Its always advisable to have minimum services on dom0 and move all services to domU. Also make sure to reload the OS before you configure xen on the server. Cpanel loads and changes many packages which are of no use if you wish to run xen on dom0.

Create a fresh domU and setup cpanel inside it. You can either create your own image (even create the image of the existing server as domU) or download one of the standard images off sites like jailtime.org.