The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install Zend Optimizer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kthxbai2u, Nov 19, 2010.

1. kthxbai2u

kthxbai2u Member

OOhh OWNED! lol... Im jk :P

I dont know if its related but I am having problems when I try to install zend optimizer... It is already installed, but a client is running a script that says its not enabled / running.

It says there is no zend for the php version I have. I tried downgrading my PHP version but that did not work...

The posting describing everything is here: http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/missing-dependency-libmysqlclient-so-15-libmysqlclient_15-a-67675.html

Also; related to this thread I found this: error in cpanel 11.28.42 - Web Hosting Talk which is apparantly some "Newbie" posting about a fix... I am not sure as to whether this fix is proper or not. I would rather wait for CPanel to fix their update errors.

Seeing as the errors are in the later version, and you shouldn't run a latest compile on a distribution server, I might change the upcp preferences to prefer a more stable build ;) I suggest others do the same... Edit:cPanelJared: Was your previous posting saying not to do this?? What possibly could go wrong?

#1 kthxbai2u, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I moved this post into its own thread, since it is not likely related to the original issue in the thread of the cPanel update preferences.

What version of PHP are you using, and what is the exact error you are seeing? How did you install Zend Optimizer, using /scripts/phpextensionmgr or using EasyApache?

Many things could go wrong if you downgrade between major cPanel versions. 11.28 and 11.26 are considerably different. When a problem is encountered with a new or recent cPanel version, it is almost always better to fix the problem in place, instead of downgrading cPanel. Downgrading can introduce more variables and make troubleshooting much more difficult.

3. boonjackmedia

boonjackmedia Active Member