esupport.org.ua

Nov 16, 2004
When trying to install WHM / cPanel installer enters an infinite loop that continually produces a timeout.
Having studied the traffic with tcpdump, I found the following:

The installer makes a request to the web server and performs layer1.cpanel.net GET / cpanelsync / RELEASE
However, the server gives him 301, the installer ignores her and runs the query again and again ...

Here's how it looks from the server when I emulate a request via telnet:

Code:
# telnet  69.72.212.11 80
Trying 69.72.212.11...
Connected to layer1.cpanel.net (69.72.212.11).
Escape character is '^]'.
GET /cpanelsync/RELEASE HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.0 301 Moved Permanently
Connection: close
Location: http://layer1.cpanel.net/cpanelsync/RELEASE/Index of /cpanelsync/RELEASE/
Content-Length: 0
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:03:00 GMT
Server: httpupdate
Is it reason for timeout errors?

Code:
......connected......receiving.....Timeout on receive.....server closed connection......connecting to [email protected]imeout on receive.....server closed connection......Done
Done syncing /scripts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FATAL! Failed to properly update /scripts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a.sheipani

Jan 29, 2007
I've been having the same issue trying to install cPanel since yesterday.
Keeps timing out on cpanel servers, any solutions?

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Please open up a ticket in WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature for us to investigate this further. Also, what tier are you currently using on your machine, a.sheipani?

Code:
cat /usr/local/cpanel/version
If this is EDGE in any way, we definitely want to know this is happening, since EDGE just went to 11.29.0.11 version.