The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installatron 6.0 released (new GUI and improved workflow)

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Sumaleth, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Sumaleth

Sumaleth Member

We've just released Installatron 6.0. Installatron is an auto-installer/auto-upgrader plugin for cPanel/WHM. Website here:

http://www.installatron.com

Version 6 features an all-new user interface and improved workflow throughout. Almost every aspect of the user-level interface has been pulled apart, reappraised, and reassembled with easy of use and web-standards as the guiding aims. There are also significant speed improvements and plenty of tweaks.

You can find more information about the core changes on the What's New in Installatron 6? page.

There's a free version available and it only takes a few minutes to install:

http://installatron.com/install

Cheers,
    Rowan

2. Duplika

Duplika Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    We recently switched from Fantastico to Installatron and are really happy with it.

3. PlatinumServerM

PlatinumServerM Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  4. markb14391

markb14391 Well-Known Member

Same here. Excellent product and it got even better with the new version. The new interface and workflow are beautiful things.

5. Fernis

Fernis Well-Known Member

My company, Booyah! Web Hosting currently using Fantastico and have several clients with scripts installed by Fantastico. I am very interested in Installatron, but am concerned about the scripts that were installed using Fantastico and if the scripts will be stranded or migrated to Installatron. Can the switch between Fantastico and Installatron be seemless and transparent to our clients? How is this done?

#5 Fernis, May 3, 2009
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
  6. InstallatronPhil

Fernis,

The Installatron Converter makes switching to Installatron easy for you and seamless for your clients.

Converter is able to import applications installed by other auto-installers (including Fantastico) so that the apps can be used as if they were installed by Installatron. Full upgrade, backup, restore, etc. capabilities are enabled.

If there is no Installatron support for an application, Converter will create a "dummy" entry that will appear on the client's My Applications tab. Some Installatron capabilities will be enabled for the dummy entry, however it will not be upgradable using Installatron until support is enabled for the application.

Converter is an admin-targeted tool. Installatron also has a client-targeted tool that can import individual installed applications. This is done within cPanel using the Import button after selecting an application in the Applications Browser tab.

Let me know if you have any questions, or you can email sales@installatron.com directly.

Cheers,
    Phil.

7. Fernis

Fernis Well-Known Member

Phil,

Thank you very much for the reply that thoroughly answered my questions and addressed my concerns.