The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installed GeoIP the wrong way; how to undo?

Discussion in 'Security' started by ladydi711, Feb 23, 2011.

1. ladydi711

ladydi711 Well-Known Member

I jumped the gun and installed GeoIp manually per the install instructions from MaxMind - GeoIP Apache API

I realize now there are guidelines/how-to here using easyapache and custom mods.

I'm having some issues with some pages, and not sure if this is related or not. Is there a best way to undo? Or should I not worry about it?

Basically, I want to ensure I have not messed up my Apache config or other server settings.

If not necessary to undo, should I go ahead and use the method documented here?

TIA,
    Diane

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you could give us the actual installation steps you've done here on this forum (the commands are sufficient), we could likely provide a suggestion. Linking to how it can be installed would require us reading all the documentation to get to the part where the installation is noted, which you might have done it differently. It's always best to give the exact steps here on what was involved with an installation when asking how to uninstall a component.

3. ladydi711

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Given these steps, you should likely be able to reinstall it. If the GeoIP C Library has an uninstall script, you could try running that, but there isn't any rpm listed there that I can see. As for the mod_geoip.c file, if that exists on the system, you can also try moving it before reinstalling using the other steps you are wanting to try.

5. ladydi711

Thanks!

And, btw, as the httpd.conf clearly stats any manually added entries might get removed. And they did.

I'll be using the easyapache now and should be OK.