The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installed WHM, tried to create accounts but they dont have cpanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by djones, Oct 10, 2005.

1. djones

djones Registered

Hello, I will try to be as detailed as possible...

Our of our hosts server administrators has installed web host manager for us, the wbh is accessed via an IP address and I can log into it correctly.

I have domains setup that point to this new server and I have created accounts for a particular domain.

I can access this account at the front end, i see index of / with a _private folder, cgi bin etc, but I cant access a cpanel for this domain!

What am I doing wrong, I have the accounts in the list, I try to access thedomain.com/cpanel and it doesnt work, i dont see anywhere where i can access cpanel and its driving us all insane.

I have assigned the account a very basic reseller package, that is basically without limit.

Our intention:

we have an account set up for each client, they wont really login much as we will be handling everything, but atm i need a cpanel before i can give myself FTP access or use fantastico to install a blank mambo install.

Please can someone help! I am totally stuck and I can make myself avalible on ICQ or MSN if someone feels particularly kind.

What can I do to access cpanel on my accounts? They seem to be fine, except for this.

2. aby

aby Well-Known Member

try
    http://serverip:2082 and then provide the username and password.... Try to get to me on IM if you need help...
    I 'll see if i can help you..

3. djones

djones Registered

tried that and it doesnt work.

tried both the ip the whole server is served on, and the specific domain name too... any other ideas? :(

4. binaer

binaer Well-Known Member

Are you sure, that you've the right username? (Maximum 8 Characters in length) and it's most not the same as the Domain-Name.

Do not use "." or other extra Characters in the Username.

5. djones

djones Registered

I dont even get to the login screen, i just get nothing :) it loads half way, then fails, so i am never asked for a username or password.

6. binaer

binaer Well-Known Member

cd /scripts
    ./fixcpphp

try this