The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installer acting wierd

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crisy20, Oct 22, 2006.

1. crisy20

crisy20 Registered

Oct 22, 2006
    * server details *
    SuSE Linux 10
    Xampp 2.51a Linux
    Cpanel installer (

ok number one i dont know what im doing :) but i think i can figure it out somehow if i can get this thing installed i run teh installer everything works PERFECT when i get to the real install (10-70 minutes thingy) some thing says CPU overload and i click ok then it just keeps doing that thing for at least 50 mins ( i know 10-70 ) but it just does that 1x ....................................... 2x ........................................................ then it gets to 5x and it never stops at all nothign just plain ............... for 30 mins. If there would just be a install SCRIPT that i could just run like install.php :D but this is fine if it would JUST WORK thank you guys for the best control panel EVER.

EDIT: ok im soo sorry but it finally went up what number does this installer go up to? ( please dont say 100x)

Crisy20 AKA Cris ;)
    #1 crisy20, Oct 22, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess
    The installation process can take several hours. You can monitor most of it as indicated during installation by tailing the two cpanel*.log threads in /var/log/
  3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

Apr 7, 2006
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It is best to install cPanel on a minimally installed OS, meaning no network services (Apache, postfix, etc) or X Window. After that, the speed of the installation will depend upon your network connection, the speed of your machine and how much software cPanel has to compile from source.

On GNU/Linux systems, you can tail /var/log/cpanel-install-thread?.log to monitor the activity.

Oh, and make certain expect is installed before starting the installation.