The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing CollabNet Subversion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by totbar, Feb 10, 2011.

1. totbar

totbar Registered

Feb 10, 2011
    I am new to using WHM. Something is confusing me. I want to install CollabNet Subversion on my server which is using CentOS 5.2. My initial install left me with a root account and the domain the account is linked to is the only domain I am going to use. I need to use a non root account to install the subversion software but when I try to make a new account through WHM I am asked for a new domain. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there a way to add a user to my current domain?
  2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is there a reason you aren't able to use the existing user for that account? You cannot have two users for the same cPanel account.

Otherwise, you can always use a subdomain and create a new account and user with that subdomain. A subdomain account doesn't have to be created in cPanel > Subdomains area, you can create a subdomain account (so in WHM > Create a New Account area simply by entering that subdomain name instead of a main domain name.