The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Comodo Certs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by linuxman, Nov 18, 2005.

1. linuxman

linuxman Well-Known Member

Has anyone had issues installing Comodo SSLs lately? I have purchased 2 new ones and have always used them in the past. The 2 we have now are not installing. When I try to install them, as soon as I paste in the key the 'Do It' button is automatically disabled. Trying to get 2 installed for friends and it is not working at all, while all the others I have installed are working just fine. Any suggestions or recent how-to's I should visit?

2. Trigger

Trigger Well-Known Member

After you paste the key have you tried doing a Fetch, it will generally replace the certificate with the self signed one but just paste the issued certificate over that. Occasionally WHM gets a little confused but doing a Fetch will settle it down.

When you paste in the CRT or the KEY WHM will read it and disable the Do it button while it verifies the input, sometimes it does not release the button when it is finished.

Have they changed the CA-bundle required, did you paste it in?

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I have also found that Comodo do change their ca-bundle at times and it's often that that can cause problems. You do need to use the one they sent with the new certificate and not rely on an old one.

4. linuxman

I have tried all the suggestions, I get the following error message when trying to fetch the RSA. This is an Internet Explorer error I am getting. Does this mean something needs to be updated on the server?

Line: 10
    Char: 7
    Error: Access is denied
    Code: 0
    URL: http://65.251.35.141:2086/scripts2/installsslmain?/securesslid=

5. linuxman

I just installed using Netscape and it all worked fine, any suggestions as to what I may have set wrong in IE leading to the previous error.

6. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

One of our clients had the same problem with COMODO cert. You need to contact COMODO and ask them to either re-issue/generate the cert or fix it. I also suggest installing the cert, manually, and not through the WHM, to avoid headache and frustration.

7. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It was probably the JavaScript on the page screwing up for some reason.