cPanel & WHM Version
N/A

wubbafett

Registered
Jul 25, 2021
Dayton, OH
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This may be a silly question, but I am a noob and to us no question is too silly, with that said, I set up my LAMP server already and everything is running smoothly, but I would like an interface to use while updating the server/site like Cpanel which I am most familiar with, rather than using the CLI. What I was wondering is, IF I get a subscription and install Cpanel will it overwrite everything I have done to the server ? like reinstalling Apache, Mysql, and PHP ? I've also installed the vhosts for my sites SSL's and activated through certbot, will it get rid of my certificates ? It would regardless be an experimental installation as I am using ARM architecture (Rpi4) which I know is NOT supported nor are there plans to support it from what I have read, but through system requirements I believe will work fine and for $15 a month I wouldn't mind testing the waters. I just don't want my server to stop working. Thanks in advance for your help.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! Ubuntu support is only available for the LTS version, which is currently 20.04, and that is only available in version 98 at this time. It's not recommended to run Ubuntu on a production environment just yet.

One of the requirements for cPanel is that it is installed after a clean install of the operating system, so it can't be installed once there are already accounts and things like Apache/MySQL/PHP installed. It could cause serious damage to the current system if that is attempted.