The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing cPanel/WHM with MySQL 5.1 on clean CentOS Install...

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by LVWH, Sep 5, 2013.

1. LVWH

LVWH Member

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if there is a method in which to install cPanel/WHM and have MySQL 5.1 installed from a Clean Installation of CentOS 6.4.

I have a client that is having troubles with MySQL 5.5 and we need to get him MySQL 5.1 as a temporary workaround till he re-codes part of his site to accommodate the changes in MySQL 5.5.

I have already installed cPanel/WHM and there is NO option to downgrade MySQL and there are many places that recommend not doing a downgrade.

I have thought about starting CentOS 6.4 totally clean and then installing MySQL 5.1 via RPM but I would be concerned that cPanel/WHM would automatically upgrade MySQL, and thus be a waste of time.

So how do we get around an issue like this??? Are there some command line options we can attach to LATEST.SH???

Thanks in Advance,

Darrel
    LVWH

P.S: I have done some searching around to see if something like this exists on the Net or the Forums here but to no avail. If someone has a line on this it would be greatly appreciated.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Downgrading MySQL is not supported or recommended. If you do not have any active databases and you want to attempt a downgrade, you would use these commands:

Code:
    /scripts/update_local_rpm_versions --edit target_settings.MySQL55 uninstalled
    /scripts/update_local_rpm_versions --edit target_settings.MySQL51 installed
    /scripts/check_cpanel_rpms --fix
    If you want to ensure that MySQL 5.1 is installed during a new installation of cPanel, you can run the following commands:

Code:
    mkdir /root/cpanel_profile
    vi /root/cpanel_profile/cpanel.config 
    Ensure this line is added to the cpanel.config file when editing it:

Code:
    mysql-version=5.1
    You can then proceed with the cPanel installation.

Thank you.

3. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To have cPanel & WHM install MySQL 5.1 during a fresh install, do the following:

1. On your server do:
    mkdir /root/cpanel_profile
    2. Create the following file:
    touch /root/cpanel_profile/cpanel.config
    3. Add your specific MySQL version to that file:
    echo 'mysql-version=5.1' >> /root/cpanel_profile/cpanel.config
    4. Download and run the cPanel & WHM installer.

More information on pre-configuration is found here: Advanced Options: Pre-Installation