Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Installing IMP

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by BigLebowski, Dec 21, 2009.

1. BigLebowski

BigLebowski Well-Known Member

hi there

We had a legacy IMP system for many years on a non-cpanel server. It allowed users to login to IMP on port 80 and access their Cpanel email across a range of servers. This was very useful for customers who could not open the 208X and 209Y range of ports.

The IMP server has been decommissioned and I need to install an equivalent system on a Cpanel sever.

horde.org advises I install Horde and then IMP, but I am aware that Horde is already installed as a webmail client via Cpanel. Is there any way I can use IMP on such a server or do I have to install Horde and then IMP as advised at Horde.org ? I am worried that installing either will disrupt the Horde webmail client in cpanel.

TIA

Dude

2. BigLebowski

BigLebowski Well-Known Member

fixed

ah, just realised this functionality is built into Cpanel. you just use webmail.domain.com etc and it does a port translation through 80 - lol.
    Problem sorted

dude:D