The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Invision Power Board 2.1.3

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by kissybissy, Dec 26, 2005.

1. kissybissy

kissybissy Registered

I bougth a basic package of Invision Power Board. I already got an email with the following information:

Please install Invision Power Board on my IPS Hosting account in this
    directory:

Use this login information:

Domain Name:
    Temp Location:
    IP Address:
    FTP Host:
    Password:

I need help, cause I'm not a computer expert and I have no idea how to start to instal the board.

I need step by step instructions in order to perform the installation without making any mistake.

Thanks in advance.

Ana.

2. chazman

chazman Active Member

I believe if your installing it on your root account, you can just install it through cPanel. IPB provides you with instructions on that part. But i dont believe your allowed to install that for your customers use. It is quite easy to install, as I was able to install it successfully on my first attempt. Just make sure you have your MySQL Database set up prior to installing it. Need any help, just PM me

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Presuming that you're an end-user, you should contact your web hosting company for such help as they are best placed to offer advice.

4. djsckizo

djsckizo Member

That sounds like you are wanting IPS to install it for you. You can do it yourself easily. Do like Chazman said and setup your database first though. Easily done:

http://www.ninehours.com/tutorials/4/

Then proceed to install IPB.

Upload everything in the upload directory of the zip file to the location on the site you want it at (if you want it on the root directory, upload it to the public_html/ folder).

Change the permissions of the skin_cache and uploads directories to 0755 or 0777 if that doesn't work. Also, do the same for conf_global.php.

Then visit the location of the board, and follow the instructions in the install wizard. Remember to change the permissions of the conf_global.php file to 444 after you are finished installing.

Edit: and the download zip for Invision Board comes with step by step instructions in the Documentation folder.

edit again: wow, it just occured to me how old this was. After reading it, I forgot that I found it during a search for something else and answered it anyway. Eh, maybe it will help someone later. Sorry about the bump.

#4 djsckizo, Mar 26, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2006