The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Magneto has destroyed my site - can anyone help please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by radioguide, May 17, 2012.

1. radioguide

radioguide Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

Yesterday I installed Magneto via installatron, but I put the wrong domain in and it took over my home page (so all i could see on the home page was the magneto store.

I decided to unistall it, again using the option within installatron, but this has now removed the entire site which now looks like this:

/http://screencast.com/t/IJaCScIwc

Can anyone help me with what I do next, I can't access the site, I can't get into the backend, its in a real mess!

Dan

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Assuming it was a Joomla site by the directory names, and assuming it was up to date with the latest Joomla files, you could try downloading the full zip of Joomla from joomla.org and unpacking it to your desktop. And then grab the index.php from that and upload to your server.

It looks like the removal removed the index.php not sure what else got hit, but try just the index.php first and see if that gets the site backup proper.

Just to add, if you've got a current backup of the site, you could upload the files for it from the backup.

3. radioguide

radioguide Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for your quick response!

Yes, it is a Joomla site.

Thanks I will try what you suggest.