The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing MOD SECURITY open CIRT.NET

Discussion in 'Security' started by gaby, Jun 8, 2005.

1. gaby

gaby Well-Known Member

When i try to install MOD security, appeasr a windows that say "VULNERABLE" and the appears the web: CIRT.NEt

Anbodyyyyy?

2. gaby

gaby Well-Known Member

HEY??? is a bugggg anybody
    :( :( :( :( :(

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

No idea as you haven't explained what they problem is in enough detail. mod_security doesn't change what a site displays (other than blocking access to content requested in a manner that triggers your secfilters). If something odd is appearing then you should assume that the site has been compromised. Your best source of information is the apache error log and the mod_security error log.

4. gaby

gaby Well-Known Member

Chirpy:

When i go to Add-ons , and click on Mod Security, they will open a html with configurate the mod security...but in this case, open this html, and appears a little windows that say" VULNERABLE" and a bottom say close, and then realod the web CIRT.NET

Thanks!!!!

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you're seeing that in WHM, I would suggest that you log a support ticket with cPanel or through your cPanel license provider.

6. gaby

gaby Well-Known Member

Chirpy: I open 6 tickets on Cpanel Support, since yesterday morning, cause i have a lot of problems with the server, this one, the increment exagerate of memory, bandwidth, the failed from apache, the interchange disable...etc etc

And anybody do nothing, Managed.com says that isnt they problem, Cpanel doesnt response, and anybody know what happen...

I dont know if my server was hacked, if is a very big bug from Cpanel, from Apache...

All my costumers said that what happen...and i can resolve the problem!

And im not the only person with this trouble...

7. richy

richy Well-Known Member

You technically are not support to contact cpanel.net support department as your licence provider is Managed.com .

Can you please take us through, step by step, where you get this error message. You log into WHM (port 2087?), scroll down the left hand side until you reach Addons, select "Mod_security", the right hand panel then changes and gives a list of log entries and a modify button etc etc.

8. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If managed.com own your cPanel license which you can check that under :
    http://layer1.cpanel.net/verify/index.cgi

then they have to provide cPanel support for you as that is part of their agreement with cPanel. If they're not doing so, I'd suggest that you contact cPanel about that using one of the contact methods on cPanel's site.

If the problems are general server management ones then it is indeed up to you to fix them and if you don't know how you need to hire someone to investigate and fix them for you.

9. jroes

jroes Member

I think he's talking about a javaScript popup that just pops up when he's looking at his mod_security logs.

I've seen this before too. There are sites that your customers can pay that test web security with a long script of things, and hidden inside their URLs is some javascript code that makes a little popup when you're reading your mod_security logs. It's rather annoying. The code probably shouldn't be being exec'ed by the browser.

10. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Ah, I see, that makes sense, as it's showing the full URL's that contain the html. Means you're using an insecure browser setup. I'd suggest at the minimum that you install a pop-up blocker and preferrably run a good anti-virus and adaware scanner on your PC to make sure that you're not now infected with anything.

11. amal

amal Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    And, if you are using MS Windows at home, get the Microsoft AntiSpyware version from microsoft.com

Really cool software for free from MS. And it's very safe as well... Take care of most spywares and popups..
    Don't forget to run a full system scan and update.. :)