The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing PDO_DBLIB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by empiror, May 8, 2009.

1. empiror

empiror Registered

Has anyone successfully managed to install PDO_DBLIB along with Cpanel? I need to have the Zend Framework talk to a remote MSSQL server. I have it all working perfectly on my Windows development machine but I am having untold difficulties getting it installed on a CentOS 5 machine. If anyone can point to a step by step guide to do this I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. deieno

deieno Well-Known Member

Hi, I also would like to know that. There is a way to install PDO_DBLIB From easyapache?

3. ponchorage

ponchorage Registered

If you are running PHP 5.3 I can't see how to do it. Since PDO is now part of PHP itself, you can't install PDO through PECL, and since you can't install PDO through PECL you can't, in turn, install PDO_DBLIB through PECL. It's a catch 22.

If you are using PHP 5.2 or earlier then you can go to the PECL module installer and search for PDO (don't just have it list all modules, they won't all show up). That will give you a list of PECL PDO modules, including PDO_DBLIB to install.