cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Originally posted by purplepaws
Version 7.0.3!

Never had this on this server before...confused.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
Perhaps someone compiled it from source. That being the case you would need to rip it out manually.

casey

Jan 17, 2003
Will there be an equivalent of /scripts/updatemysqlquota for postgres?

Guile

Apr 25, 2003
Same here! Anyone know how to fix this?

Originally posted by Marty
It works great now except I cannot delete databases in client control panels.

purplepaws

Jan 15, 2002
no idea at the moment, have not had chance to take a good look.

dgbaker

PartnerNOC
Sep 20, 2002
Toronto, Ontario Canada
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Originally posted by casey
Did you:

I had 7.2 on my system from the rpms via whm. Running /scripts/installpostgres installed 7.3.3.

So did we and now I have some pretty pissed off clients cause their databases are now toast.

We cannot get 7.2 working again and 7.3 won't read the old databases. Cannot run pg_dump because cannot start 7.2 to get at database.

cPanel/bdraco - Maybe next time have the HOWTO available before send out things that HAVE NO ROLL BACK. Now how do I get the databases back for my clients?

jough

Aug 17, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
I installed Postgresql as instructed in the beginning of this thread, and two new options showed up in WHM: "Postgres Config" in the Server Setup and "Postgresql Server" under Restart Services.

I changed the Postgre password and ran the "Install Config" and it said it finished OK.

But when I start Cpanel in any domain nothing shows up for Postgresql.

I tried stopping and restarting the Cpanel service, but alas, no dice.

Is there another step I'm missing?

I'm running the latest STABLE WHM/CPanel release and have Postgre 7.3.4 installed.

sexy_guy

Mar 19, 2003
Originally posted by jough
I installed Postgresql as instructed in the beginning of this thread, and two new options showed up in WHM: "Postgres Config" in the Server Setup and "Postgresql Server" under Restart Services.

I changed the Postgre password and ran the "Install Config" and it said it finished OK.

But when I start Cpanel in any domain nothing shows up for Postgresql.

I tried stopping and restarting the Cpanel service, but alas, no dice.

Is there another step I'm missing?

I'm running the latest STABLE WHM/CPanel release and have Postgre 7.3.4 installed.

Its not Cpanel you want to start its PostgreSQL you want to make sure thats running. Make sure its running. /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start

sexy_guy

Mar 19, 2003
Is PhpPyAdmin which i assume should say phpPgAdmin in feature list(Beta) checked?

jough

Aug 17, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
No one mentioned the feature list [BETA] in the instructions. And it says "This feature is still being tested, feel free to avoid using it."

Anyway, yes, both PhpMyAdmin and PhpPyAdmin are checked. But the feature doesn't show up as far as I can tell. Where would it be?

By the way, I am looking for it in the bluelagoon theme. Is this a feature that doesn't show up in bluelagoon or something?

EDIT: I tried a few other themes and it doesn't show up in them either.

Last edited:

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Originally posted by dgbaker
So did we and now I have some pretty pissed off clients cause their databases are now toast.

We cannot get 7.2 working again and 7.3 won't read the old databases. Cannot run pg_dump because cannot start 7.2 to get at database.

cPanel/bdraco - Maybe next time have the HOWTO available before send out things that HAVE NO ROLL BACK. Now how do I get the databases back for my clients?

Just force install the old rpms from ftp.cpanel.net or your redhat cd. then do the dumps and run the installer again.

sexy_guy

Mar 19, 2003
Originally posted by bdraco
Just force install the old rpms from ftp.cpanel.net or your redhat cd. then do the dumps and run the installer again.

Do dumps? LOL! At least i got one good laugh today!

dxer

Sep 9, 2002
Europe

By the way, I am looking for it in the bluelagoon theme. Is this a feature that doesn't show up in bluelagoon or something?

EDIT: I tried a few other themes and it doesn't show up in them either.
Did you try with x2 theme ? It must be there as I have it and PostgreSQL is showing there

jough

Aug 17, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
That's probably the only one I didn't try.

Yes, it's showing up in the x2 theme. But my customers HATE the x2 theme (since the icons aren't grouped at all and the features are just dumped out haphazardly).

I really need this to show up in bluelagoon (or, better still, in any theme I choose).

Is this possible?

Marty

Oct 10, 2001
That's probably the only one I didn't try.

Yes, it's showing up in the x2 theme. But my customers HATE the x2 theme (since the icons aren't grouped at all and the features are just dumped out haphazardly).

I really need this to show up in bluelagoon (or, better still, in any theme I choose).

Is this possible?

I was informed by cpanel support that the bluelagoon them would no longer be updated. I am not happy about this as no one was informed of that decision by cpanel and there is no similar alternative in the x series of skins. So I am not sure where to go from here. I don't want the hassle of maintain a custom skin, but need something for my clients that maintains the grouping of features and links like bluelagoon that will still be updated. The question is, will cpanel provide anything similar to that?

jough

Aug 17, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
Really?

Well, if that's true, they're going to need an "X3" skin or something that groups the features and shows more than twelve options on the screen at once.

If anyone's asking: we don't care how pretty it looks, we just want it to work right and be as easy to use as possible.

If anyone's listening...

gemby

PartnerNOC
Feb 16, 2002
Pula, Croatia
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Ok, here is problem...

I have one RH 7.1 server and two RH 7.3 servers....

Postgres support works fine with 7.3, but on 7.1 box it is inpossible to install it since there is no rpms for postgres-7.3.3...

Is it posible to somebody pack-up rpm-s for RH7.1?
Nick, i need postgres on all boxes!
It sholdn't be that much of a problem!

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
You can download the source and build it for 7.1.

I'm just saying.

Postgres doesn't release rpms for 7.1. I'd recommend upgrading to 7.3 or 8.0 or 9.0 soon as 7.1 has its share of problems.