Installing Postgresql - HOWTO

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
3,488
35
158
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Originally posted by purplepaws
Version 7.0.3!

Never had this on this server before...confused.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
Perhaps someone compiled it from source. That being the case you would need to rip it out manually.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

casey

Well-Known Member
Jan 17, 2003
2,303
0
191
Will there be an equivalent of /scripts/updatemysqlquota for postgres?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

Guile

Well-Known Member
Apr 25, 2003
83
1
158
Same here! Anyone know how to fix this?

Originally posted by Marty
It works great now except I cannot delete databases in client control panels.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

purplepaws

Well-Known Member
Jan 15, 2002
153
0
316
no idea at the moment, have not had chance to take a good look.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

dgbaker

Well-Known Member
PartnerNOC
Sep 20, 2002
2,576
9
343
Toronto, Ontario Canada
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Originally posted by casey
Did you:


I had 7.2 on my system from the rpms via whm. Running /scripts/installpostgres installed 7.3.3.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
So did we and now I have some pretty pissed off clients cause their databases are now toast.

We cannot get 7.2 working again and 7.3 won't read the old databases. Cannot run pg_dump because cannot start 7.2 to get at database.

cPanel/bdraco - Maybe next time have the HOWTO available before send out things that HAVE NO ROLL BACK. Now how do I get the databases back for my clients?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

jough

Well-Known Member
Aug 17, 2003
63
0
156
Philadelphia, PA
I installed Postgresql as instructed in the beginning of this thread, and two new options showed up in WHM: "Postgres Config" in the Server Setup and "Postgresql Server" under Restart Services.

I changed the Postgre password and ran the "Install Config" and it said it finished OK.

But when I start Cpanel in any domain nothing shows up for Postgresql.

I tried stopping and restarting the Cpanel service, but alas, no dice.

Is there another step I'm missing?

I'm running the latest STABLE WHM/CPanel release and have Postgre 7.3.4 installed.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

sexy_guy

Well-Known Member
Mar 19, 2003
848
0
166
Originally posted by jough
I installed Postgresql as instructed in the beginning of this thread, and two new options showed up in WHM: "Postgres Config" in the Server Setup and "Postgresql Server" under Restart Services.

I changed the Postgre password and ran the "Install Config" and it said it finished OK.

But when I start Cpanel in any domain nothing shows up for Postgresql.

I tried stopping and restarting the Cpanel service, but alas, no dice.

Is there another step I'm missing?

I'm running the latest STABLE WHM/CPanel release and have Postgre 7.3.4 installed.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
Its not Cpanel you want to start its PostgreSQL you want to make sure thats running. Make sure its running. /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

sexy_guy

Well-Known Member
Mar 19, 2003
848
0
166
Is PhpPyAdmin which i assume should say phpPgAdmin in feature list(Beta) checked?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

jough

Well-Known Member
Aug 17, 2003
63
0
156
Philadelphia, PA
No one mentioned the feature list [BETA] in the instructions. And it says "This feature is still being tested, feel free to avoid using it."

Anyway, yes, both PhpMyAdmin and PhpPyAdmin are checked. But the feature doesn't show up as far as I can tell. Where would it be?

By the way, I am looking for it in the bluelagoon theme. Is this a feature that doesn't show up in bluelagoon or something?

EDIT: I tried a few other themes and it doesn't show up in them either.
 
Last edited:

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
3,488
35
158
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Originally posted by dgbaker
So did we and now I have some pretty pissed off clients cause their databases are now toast.

We cannot get 7.2 working again and 7.3 won't read the old databases. Cannot run pg_dump because cannot start 7.2 to get at database.

cPanel/bdraco - Maybe next time have the HOWTO available before send out things that HAVE NO ROLL BACK. Now how do I get the databases back for my clients?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
Just force install the old rpms from ftp.cpanel.net or your redhat cd. then do the dumps and run the installer again.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

sexy_guy

Well-Known Member
Mar 19, 2003
848
0
166
Originally posted by bdraco
Just force install the old rpms from ftp.cpanel.net or your redhat cd. then do the dumps and run the installer again.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
Do dumps? LOL! At least i got one good laugh today!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

dxer

Well-Known Member
Sep 9, 2002
306
0
166
Europe
Originally posted by jough

By the way, I am looking for it in the bluelagoon theme. Is this a feature that doesn't show up in bluelagoon or something?

EDIT: I tried a few other themes and it doesn't show up in them either.
Did you try with x2 theme ? It must be there as I have it and PostgreSQL is showing there

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

jough

Well-Known Member
Aug 17, 2003
63
0
156
Philadelphia, PA
That's probably the only one I didn't try.

Yes, it's showing up in the x2 theme. But my customers HATE the x2 theme (since the icons aren't grouped at all and the features are just dumped out haphazardly).

I really need this to show up in bluelagoon (or, better still, in any theme I choose).

Is this possible?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

Marty

Well-Known Member
Oct 10, 2001
630
1
318
Originally posted by jough
That's probably the only one I didn't try.

Yes, it's showing up in the x2 theme. But my customers HATE the x2 theme (since the icons aren't grouped at all and the features are just dumped out haphazardly).

I really need this to show up in bluelagoon (or, better still, in any theme I choose).

Is this possible?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
I was informed by cpanel support that the bluelagoon them would no longer be updated. I am not happy about this as no one was informed of that decision by cpanel and there is no similar alternative in the x series of skins. So I am not sure where to go from here. I don't want the hassle of maintain a custom skin, but need something for my clients that maintains the grouping of features and links like bluelagoon that will still be updated. The question is, will cpanel provide anything similar to that?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

jough

Well-Known Member
Aug 17, 2003
63
0
156
Philadelphia, PA
Really?

Well, if that's true, they're going to need an "X3" skin or something that groups the features and shows more than twelve options on the screen at once.

If anyone's asking: we don't care how pretty it looks, we just want it to work right and be as easy to use as possible.

If anyone's listening...

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

gemby

Well-Known Member
PartnerNOC
Feb 16, 2002
182
0
316
Pula, Croatia
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Ok, here is problem...

I have one RH 7.1 server and two RH 7.3 servers....

Postgres support works fine with 7.3, but on 7.1 box it is inpossible to install it since there is no rpms for postgres-7.3.3...


Is it posible to somebody pack-up rpm-s for RH7.1?
Nick, i need postgres on all boxes!
It sholdn't be that much of a problem!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
 

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
3,488
35
158
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Originally posted by jough
You can download the source and build it for 7.1.

I'm just saying.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:
Postgres doesn't release rpms for 7.1. I'd recommend upgrading to 7.3 or 8.0 or 9.0 soon as 7.1 has its share of problems.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: