The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Security Appliance

Discussion in 'Security' started by ttanemori, Mar 20, 2012.

1. ttanemori

ttanemori Member

I installed SonicWALL NSA2400 and configured DMZ as Transparent Mode. Our WHM/cPanel server was connected to Internet directly, and we have put it under the security appliance.

I obtained the list of ports that I should open, and I followed them, but WHM/cPanel server is not working properly.

Domain name: mydomain.com
    IPs on WHM/cPanel: xxx.xxx.110.71-72
    Host name: host.mydomain.com, xxx.xxx.110.71
    Nameservers: ns1.mydomain.com (71), ns2.mydomain.com (72)

I used to be able to login to WHM and cPanel by typing mydomian.com/whm or /cpanel, but it is not working any more. Ping to host.mydomain.com, ns1.mydomain.com, ns2.mydomain.com does not work.

On the other hand, I can still get into WHM and cPanel by typing xxx.xxx.110.71/whm or /cpanel. Websites which do not reply on THIS name server are running fine.

mydomain.com is registered at GoDaddy, and host, ns1 and ns2 are saved with correct IP addresses.

Can anybody tell me what is interrupting? Port 53 for TCP and UPD are open on the firewall.

Thank you very much.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Do you have 953 also opened?

3. ttanemori

ttanemori Member

Thank you very much for your reply. I was checking various things, but it began to work suddenly. Maybe, our DNS's TTL is too long? In any case, it is solved. Thank you very much for your support.