Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing SSL Certificate with no access

Discussion in 'Security' started by pookieman, Nov 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pookieman

pookieman Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi

This might sound wrong, but I'm going to put this out there. I have a hostgator basic plan for a simple WP site and I wanted to add SSL support. But Hostgator want me to upgrade my plan to a more expensive plan in order to allow the installation of the cert which I have already got via certbot.

It's annoying as the site is very low usage and it's not commercial. I have shell access and I'm hoping it's possible to do this without having to upgrade the account. I'm planning on using a really simple ssl for adding support to WP, but right now it's saying it can't find the cert. So it's looking for the cert I guess, is there anyway to either install it or convince the WP plugin that the cert is available.

Really appreciate any help. I can see a SSL directory on my WP install with sub dir for certs/keys etc. I'm not trying to cheat hostgator of revenue but when I signed up I was told this all doable but later found out it's not.

Thanks

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

There is no way to have the SSL installed from a user level access. The apache configuration is where the SSL settings get updated and then the web server processes it to deliver the SSL certificate. If you do not want to upgrade the plan, you can look for other option and migrate it on other host who may assist you to install the SSL..

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You won't be able to install the certificate if your hosting provider has disabled that feature on the account.

Thank you.