The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Tomcat?

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by hamper, Aug 5, 2006.

1. hamper

hamper Well-Known Member

Hello All,

I'm trying to install Tomcat. I've searched WHM. Within the source code theres a spot for it, but it doesn't show up on the webpage. Is there a way to install it via SSH? Or how can I get it to show up in WHM?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

cPanel do provide tomcat module which works fine if installed correctly. You can install it from WHM >> Cpanel >> Addon Modules. Check the Tomcat option and Click Save. You will also have to install servlets for the specific hosting account from WHM >> Account functions >> Install Servlet.

If Tomcat is not properly installed, login to the server as root and remove the dir jdk1.x.x located at /usr/local
    cd /usr/local/
    rm -rf jdkxx.xx
    and do the installation again.

Remember "Modresin" is also used to serve Java servlet and cannot be used along with Tomcat so do not select it while Tomcat installation.

3. lakshmisg

lakshmisg Registered

I have installed tomcat as per the instructions here.

How do i add an icon or shortcut for starting services, which may be available for users in their cpanel.

any instructions / manual here

Kindly pass the url if so

Thanks

4. jewstin32

jewstin32 Registered

Thanks!

I think I am just going to install Tomcat in my root directory, since I am not required to perform administrative functions. But thanks for the advice.

The important bit of information about Tomcat compatability with Java is highly appreciated. I downloaded the additional package also. Then set the environment variables and path. But I think I may have gone wrong some place. Is it possible to get step-by-step installtion instructions for Tomcat5.5.7 on Windows XP?

best debt management | Legal Translations | wa dui lawyers

#4 jewstin32, Dec 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2010