Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Installing WHM/cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trinitycsi, Dec 11, 2002.

1. trinitycsi

trinitycsi Member

Ok sorry if this has been asked before, searched the posts but could not find the answer.

I am replacing a server that the hardware is going bad so I am going to be doing a new install of the OS (gonna be Red Hat 8, unless that's bad) on a new box. Someone else did the first server so I'm starting from scratch. I see the instructions about installing WHM/cPanel in the Docs section of the site. What I want to know is what exactly do I need to install when I install Red Hat? figure server install, should I let it install apache, or do it later from the source? What all extra things need to be installed?

In other words I want a lean OS install, but need to make sure I don't forget anything.

The server will be using perl, php, mySQL, etc. the normal stuff for a web server.

Thanks in advance.

2. TheVoice

TheVoice Well-Known Member

cpanel will install apache, php, mysql amoung others. A plain redhat installation should be fine.

3. trinitycsi

trinitycsi Member

Ok, one other question.

When installing Red Hat, what setting do I use when it asks about the firewall?