The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing WordPress in a subdirectory of Drupal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by contextcanada, Aug 9, 2010.

1. contextcanada

contextcanada Registered

We are working with kermodeitourism.ca to launch a WordPress blog. We have tried to install it in a sub-directory of the url kermodeitourism.ca (which is in Drupal), called kermodeitourism.ca/blog but we are having issues with images and embedded links that do work or display. The install was done through cpanel and Fantastico. I have searched for answers to this and it might be something to do with index.php and .htaccess files that are part of the root directory? Can this be fixed or do we need to move the blog into a sub domain?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    It might indeed have something to do with your htaccess, but there's no way to tell from this end. It appears from your other pages, that all images are located in /files/image/ so if your /blog/ directory's images are not showing I'd suggest checking into your short URL setup within the wordpress site's admin area or check your htaccess directly for issues that might interfere with that path.

This is not exactly a cPanel issue though, it's more of a configuration issue with your blog. You might find more help on the wordpress support forums.

3. contextcanada

contextcanada Registered

How do I fix the links?

While that might solve the images displaying problem, when I add a link in a post the result is 404 page error. I should mention that as soon as I save the insert/link the HTML text gets rewritten (it adds code -"quot" and changes forward slashes to back slashes). I am able to uplad an image for the header and there is no problem with it, works fine. That image is stored in the same folder as the other uploads that don't work.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.

4. contextcanada

contextcanada Registered

WordPress in a sub domain of Drupal

The answer to installing WordPress in a sub directory is to install it in a sub directory! It is working just fine, so far.