GoWilkes

Sep 26, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I have a hosting client that's using Wordpress, and they've requested that I install the zip extension for them.

I've done some research, and in cPanel, it's supposed to be a simple matter of logging in to cPanel, go to PHP PEAR Packages, then type in "zip" and install it from there. But when I type in "zip" or "archive_zip", it finds nothing.

I clicked on "Show Available Modules" and got the following error:

There was a problem fetching the list of available modules.

Then I clicked on "Show System Installed Modules", and have the following list:

Archive_Tar
Console_Getopt
PEAR
Structures_Graph
XML_RPC
XML_Util

So I'm kind of at a loss here... how do I install the zip extension for them? If I have to update something on the server, am I going to run the risk of negatively affecting other accounts on the same server?

FWIW, I'm not 100% sure which PHP version I'm using. phpMyAdmin says that I'm using PHP 7.2.7, but # php --version says that I'm using 5.6.30 (cli).

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @GoWilkes,

The Archive_Zip PEAR module for PHP is no longer maintained by it's developer. You can install "zip" under the PHP Extensions tab in WHM >> EasyApache 4 or by executing the following command as root:

Code:
yum install ea-php72-php-zip
Simply replace ea-php72 with the version of PHP you want it installed on (e.g. ea-php73 for PHP version 7.3).

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you.

GoWilkes

Sep 26, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
That seemed to work perfectly, Michael, thanks! I haven't heard from the client yet to see if that fixed their problem, but I'm pretty sure that's what was needed.

For those reading this in the future, I had to go to EasyApache 4, then "Customize" next to "Currently Installed Packages". Then there was "PHP Extensions".

After selecting it, you have to click "Review" on the left, then "Provision" to build the new update.