The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insufficient disk space

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tostrye, Mar 27, 2011.

1. tostrye

tostrye Member

When I try to open EasyApache, I get the error

!!
    There appears to be insufficient disk space in /home/cpeasyapache/src!
    356MB is available on this file system and 1024MB is needed.
    Easyapache will fail to build because there is not enough free disk space.
    Aborting.
    !!

What should I do?

2. bhd

bhd Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Running a partition (especially partitions like /home /var /usr) so close to maximum is really a bad idea. All kinds of (bad) things happen when a partition fills up and the system has nowhere to put files.

If I were you, I'd immediately get another drive and mount it as /home2 and move some of the sites from /home -> /home2 (cPanel can do that for you in WHM) so as to make some space available on /home. Others may disagree but I believe that to play it safe no partition should ever go above 80% full and even 80% is pushing it.

3. MattLee

MattLee BANNED

Hello,

The user bhd is correct in that it's not a good idea to run a partition so close to maximum capacity as it could cause unforeseen problems. I would also recommend either having your data center extend the current home partition or adding a secondary home partition and moving accounts to it.

4. machee

machee Registered

How can I change the path EasyApache uses from /home to something else? On our servers /home is used for mounting home directories for system admin users.

5. machee

machee Registered

To answer my own question, if you create a /usr/home directory, some processes (not sure exactly what, but EasyApache is one of them) will use that instead of /home. This is a good enough solution for me for now, but if there is a way to specify an alternate path to use, I'd still like to know.