The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Integrating WHM and cPanel Into My CMS

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by mrmbarnes, Jun 21, 2011.

1. mrmbarnes

mrmbarnes Member

Hi All

I am updating my intranet and CMS and was hoping I might be able to integrate WHM and cPanel into them.

Here are the main things I want to achieve:

In WHM i want to have a user be able to setup an account on the server. Basically the username and password for the intranet will be the same as their WHM username and password and I want to set it up so they don't need to know anything about WHM.

In cPanel I would like to set it up so a user can manage their email through the admin section of the CMS without having to log into cPanel.

In cPanel I will like the user to be able to manage their password through the admin section of the CMS.

Can this be achieved? If so is there any information anywhere on how to do it?

Many Thanks

2. cPanelDavidN

cPanelDavidN Integration Developer
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi mrmbarnes,

You can probably do everything you need. You will want to read the various documents an sdk.cpanel.net. In particular you will want to look at the XML/JSON-API (these perform the WHM actions) and the API2 and API2 (these are the APIs that the cPanel UI uses). You may also find interesting articles on the Integration Blog.

The most difficult thing that you will likely encounter is IF a user or a reseller( owner of the cPanel user account) or the root user makes modification directly in cPanel or WHM for data that you are tracking in you CMS...I'm think in particular of password changes (but other things might apply). There are some ways to handle this: look at the various hooks documents and read the many posts in this forum about this and related topic.

As for making the API calls from you CMS to the cPanel system, that is also documented at sdk.cpanel.net . If your CMS is PHP, you probably want to take a look at the xmlapi PHP client class (it does all the heavy lifting for send and receiving the remote API call).

Regards,
    -DavidN