The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Integration SecurePass with cPanel

Discussion in 'Security' started by m4r1k, Nov 15, 2012.

1. m4r1k

m4r1k Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi all,

I need to know if cPanel, in latest version, can intgrate with SecurePass /http://www.secure-pass.net.
    On Italy the new privacy laws require a Strong Autentication/http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strong_authentication on system with sensitive data.

Can anyone help me to find a solution of this big problem?

Thanks a lot!

Federico

2. tank

tank Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Welcome to the forums,

It looks like Secure Pass is company specializing in making a more secure connectiong between the user and the data. SecurePass can work on several different levels. Everything from the web site level like joomla or wordpress all the way to server integration. ( I read their site)

In terms of cpanel integrating with secure-pass, I am unsure of your goal for this. Are you seeing if cpanel itself can use the secure-pass integration? If that is the case, maybe some cpanel staff can shed some light on this. Or are you seeing if you can use secure pass on your web site?

3. m4r1k

m4r1k Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi tank!

Last week I've successfully integrated SecurePass with PAM in my cPanel servers. In italian the privacy question is very serious. There are some laws that force to use a strong authentication (see wiki definition) in every system that the system administrator have access to sensitive data (like mail logs, email body, databases etc). cPanel, in WHM console, permit to see full email transaction and databases of customers.

With OTP token I've put safety SSH access. Now there are the problemi of web console (whm).

A my associate is compiling an dedicated Apache on cPanel server to use feature of reverse proxy to propose an .htaccess (with an htpasswd) before whm login.

4. tank

tank Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    OK wow yea sounds very complex and safe. I guess the only people that could help you more with cpanel integration is either a developer (which sounds like you have one) or cpanel staff

Good luck