The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intelligent cpanel skin - Rvskin, Cpanel 6 support

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by rvskin, Feb 24, 2003.

1. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Rvskin is the first intelligent cpanel skin. All code use cpanel tag. It's not just skin, we let you manage skin!

How much do you have to pay for supporting Cpanel features you don't want to provide? Stop telling your customers that features in Control Panel you don't support. Just turn them off from your Cpanel skin with Rvskin.

How it is special:
    - Automatically updated, currently Cpanel6 support !!
    - Every features in Rvskin can be shown or hidden
    - Configuration at pakage/theme level and specifc account level
    - Setting in Cpanel WHM will be detected, features will automatically turn-off if it could not apply for that package.
    - Brand your skin with your own logo and link
    - Skin editor: server owner and reseller can customize clients' control panel header to whatever you want. You can have Cpanel looks like your hosting website with unimited link, or add drop down menus link to Cpanel itself or external website.
    - Reseller support !!
    - Easy to control your skin by Rvskin Manager
    - Permission Control
    - Multi-languages support , currently there are english, german, spanish, swedish, france, romanian, Traditional Chinese(big5), Simplified Chinese(GB).
    - Mutli-theme design, currently there are 7 themes
    - Reseller feature control
    - Fantastico integration support
    - Urchin intergration support
    - News system with archive page
    - Contact email reminder pop up system
    - Messages editor, all messages are editable from admin GUI

And a lot possibility to add more features into cpanel.

Full features list is here
    http://rvskin.com/features.html

Demo is here
    http://www.rvskin.com/demo.html

#1 rvskin, Feb 24, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2003
  2. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

well you got my attention!!! I haven't even seen it yet ..going to look now!!!! :) features sound GREAT!!!!!!!!!

3. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

fell good at least one ppl interested in.:D

4. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Yes, we plan to make blue, gold, platinum, teal/aqua, etc. and allow user able to change the color from the skin.

Since we think about it before design, so it be easier to add in.

5. ukhost

ukhost Well-Known Member

Hi,

Very impressed, I was planning to make a skin for personal use with a config to disable/enable all features. Looks like I won't need to now!

Having just looked in the config, you have site management tools and change password set to always yes, would it be possible to have this as a yes/no option?

Also how about the option to show/hide:

server name: server1.mydomain.com
    ip address: 123.123.123.123

Kind Regards,

Neil

#5 ukhost, Feb 25, 2003
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2003
  6. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Due to the first time I design it, I am concerned about the loading time but after monitor it closely it's not create that problem, the loading time, memery usage still not different than original cpanel default theme. So every features, texts, messages can be customizable, or even add more feature ourselve.

Another reson is I think users should have rights to change their password. :cool: If have more requests to allow to turn-off the change password icon, I might reconsider it.

7. ukhost

ukhost Well-Known Member

Hi,

Just noticed, the path to sendmail is loading under it's heading and not to the right of it.

Kind Regards,

Neil

8. ukhost

ukhost Well-Known Member

Hi rvskin,

Only reason I thought about it was due to modernbill showing the password for an account, if they change it in cPanel and then forget it the can check with modernbill but the password would then be wrong.

Any idea as to how much your going to be charging for this awsome skin & manager?

Kind Regards,

Neil

9. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Neil, thanks a lot.

I have fixed path t sendmail to the right format.

10. ukhost

ukhost Well-Known Member

Hi,

Also noticed the IP Deny Manager Icon is missing.

Maybe you could create a small icon for the manager and have it under the heading "Language & Theme" or "Theme Management" rather then at the left hand side?

Just my 2c!

Kind Regards,

Neil

11. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Neil, thanks again. IP deny manager just introduced in cpanel6, the icon still under design.

For the icon to access Rvskinmanager, it should on the first page and will show only Rvadmin account and reseller account if you allow them. But thanks for the comment, it's might be nice if I put it in the same way as other icons, I will try it.

12. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

I really hope your banner ad in that theme will be excluded from all sold skins because thats one of the reasons we refuse to use the other. The only ones we use are the default by cpanel and Berts Xskin theme which has alot of my own modifications in it. The others are far too buggy, not updated regularily enough or have some kind of link to outside sources which is geared at advertising others peoples sites.

13. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

We dont' do any avertise in the skin.
    You can upload your own logo to display in the theme from the manager and it will show in the same place of 'siaminterhost logo', we go far more than you expect. You can allow reseller upload their logo into the theme and display for only their clients. You and reseller can also display your hosting name, url, customer support, and help link in the skin.

14. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Yes, any idea on the cost? Having all of this is great and all, but price will dictate success.

15. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

not come up with the number yet, due to the difficulties of auto updating system. However, the price will be range between $US 59 -$US 99.

16. ukhost

ukhost Well-Known Member

Hi,

Yet another suggestion, is it possible you could add the option to turn fantastico on/off it it is detected?

Kind Regards,

Neil

17. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Surely, it can. But I never use fantastico, don't know where is the files contain fantastico.

The idea is check the existing of fantastico files for automatically turn-on/off and also add functionality to the system to manual turn-on/off is possible.

For my point of view, the heart of my skin is not the skin and all fucntionality itself. The heart is auto updating system, once it is completed I can add a lot possibly functions and all my clients automatically gain benefit.

18. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

Fantastico is usually located (or symlinked) in the theme's directory. You may link to fantastico/index.php

If you need anything placed in the fantastico distribution in order to work with your skin, let me know: support@cpanelthemes.com

For example, I may add a file called "rvskin.html" which will contain a tr or td and which will contain the link to fantastico. You will use <cpanel include="fantastico/rvskin.html"> and if it is there, the fantastico link will be displayed, if it isn't there, it will be ignored and no link will be displayed.

kosmo

19. ukhost

ukhost Well-Known Member

Hi,

Any news on when this is going to be available and how much?

Are we going to be able to build/design our own themes that will work with this?

Kind Regards,

Neil

20. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

It will be released by 7 March. Actually I plan to release on 1 March but still working on credit card processing.

The released version will include the following features addition to the http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7297 :

- multi-theme design, currently there are 2 themes, rvorange and rvblue, under the same license. Moreover, user can change rvskin theme inside the control panel.

- now you can 'hide change password icon' (thanks to Neil who request)

- Updated to include new function introduced in Cpanel 6.0.0 build 94 - email account listing now includes disk space.

All of them have done. You can see it at demo page http://www.rvskin.com/demo.html

Pricing is:
    1st license 99 US$ / license
    2nd - 3rd Additional license 79 US$ / license
    4th-5th Additional license 59 US$ / license
    6th Additional license - ~ 39 US$ / license
    Renew license 29 US$ / license / year
    Note: All Licenses are per server with unlimited domains, and get free upgrades for one year.

Note: all skin will get automatically updated according to your cpanel build.