The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interchange broken in b94+ updates?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jsteel, Jan 17, 2003.

1. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

I've noticed that two servers of mine neither show Interchange in the system status page in WHM (the interchange file is in the chkserv.d directory), nor are the interchange processes running. I've tried restarting to no avail and I've run fixinterchange. Anyone have any idea? This is only occuring on the servers that started out on 5.3b94 or greater (the ones that came with IC 4.9 as default). I also noticed that the interchange.cfg file looks different on those two servers from those on my older servers.

Love some feedback if anyone has an idea, otherwise I'm off to open a trouble ticket.

Jaz

2. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

No one else has noticed this? WOW! And it hit me in 2 different data centers about a month apart from one another.

3. drose25

drose25 Well-Known Member

You've probably done this already but if not check under Tweak Settings in WHM and make sure the &disabled& radio button at the bottom where it says &Interchange version to use& is not checked.

4. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

On one server it was indeed disabled (the newest server that just went online). On the other, none of the radio buttons were selected (this server was built prior to IC 4.9.3 became part of the package). I selected 4.8 (per DarkORB's recommendation) and the processes are now running, however, I still don't get them in the Server Stats page in WHM/CP even though the interchange file is in the chkserv.d directory and chkservd has been restarted. I'm baffled. I'm using the same /etc/chkserv.d/interchange file as on the servers where it is working.

I've also noticed that every server I have that had IC carts already configured got AUTOMATICALLY upgraded to IC 4.9.3 with 5.3b94! They all show no selection in the Teak Settings though. I'm afraid to go change it to 4.8 as I don't know if it will break my customer's current carts. What a pain IC has proven to be. I really wish DarkORB would replace it with something else.