The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interchange Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bert, May 31, 2002.

1. bert

bert Well-Known Member

For some reason Interchange is not working on any of our servers.

I wonder if someone could please try these steps to see if I am the only one with the problem here:

1. Login to Interchange manager as the admin.
    2. Click on &administration& towards the bottom.
    3. Click on &Tax&.
    4. Try to make any changes here such as update the tax rate.
    5. Click on Update or &Apply changes& on the bottom.

Nothing happens! It does not update anything. We now have a few customers very upset over this, I have reset some carts, but this does not do anything. I have also tried to update cpanel, but that does not help either.

2. bert

bert Well-Known Member

Anyone please?

Upon further checking, all Interchange accounts on all the servers have errors like these in the Interchange logs:

tests /~tests/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/admin/tax_simple.html Attempt to set variable::Variable::TAXRATE in read-only table
    65.34.24.250 SFvq7DXz:65.34.24.250 - [01/June/2002:07:50:13 -0400] tests /~tests/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/admin/tax_simple.html Attempt to set variable::Variable::TAXAREA in read-only table

Where are these &read-only tables&? I have looked all over and can't find them.

3. bert

bert Well-Known Member

I have searched for this problem and have found the following information:

&You are using dynamic variables and an old version of Interchange, it seems.

Edit your Foundation theme.cfg file, found somewhere under the templates directory, and comment-out the Pragma dynamic_variables directive.&

.. and so I went to each one of the users home directories to modify the file theme.cfg as indicated above, restarted Interchange and that solved the problem, however new installations of the cart on other accounts have this problem as well, so I had to edit the file /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/interchange/foundation/templates/foundation/theme.cfg so that new cart installations already have the line commented out.

Still, I would like to know Nick or anyone else from Cpanel, why this is happening, I wonder if Cpanel will change the file above during the next update.

Please help!!! Thanks -