The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interchange Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Curious Too, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Curious Too

Curious Too Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Will allowing a user to install an older version of Interchange in their root directory affect the default installation of Interchange that comes with CPanel?

2. itf

itf Well-Known Member

[quote:2f5fb6506e][i:2f5fb6506e]Originally posted by Curious Too[/i:2f5fb6506e]

Will allowing a user to install an older version of Interchange in their root directory affect the default installation of Interchange that comes with CPanel?[/quote:2f5fb6506e]

Seriously a weak point, permissions like this could be used for hacking

3. Curious Too

Curious Too Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    [quote:8ae00fba06][i:8ae00fba06]Originally posted by itf[/i:8ae00fba06]

[quote:8ae00fba06][i:8ae00fba06]Originally posted by Curious Too[/i:8ae00fba06]

Will allowing a user to install an older version of Interchange in their root directory affect the default installation of Interchange that comes with CPanel?[/quote:8ae00fba06]

Seriously a weak point, permissions like this could be used for hacking [/quote:8ae00fba06]

What if I do the installation as root then allow them to configure their catalog? Will I need two separate Interchange engines running? What are the consequences of this type of setup?

4. itf

itf Well-Known Member

[quote:fecd78d082][i:fecd78d082]Originally posted by Curious Too[/i:fecd78d082]

[quote:fecd78d082][i:fecd78d082]Originally posted by itf[/i:fecd78d082]

[quote:fecd78d082][i:fecd78d082]Originally posted by Curious Too[/i:fecd78d082]

Will allowing a user to install an older version of Interchange in their root directory affect the default installation of Interchange that comes with CPanel?[/quote:fecd78d082]

Seriously a weak point, permissions like this could be used for hacking [/quote:fecd78d082]

What if I do the installation as root then allow them to configure their catalog? Will I need two separate Interchange engines running? What are the consequences of this type of setup?[/quote:fecd78d082]
    You will have problems with Interchange in case of above installation (two of them on a same box). Using Interchange is a bit risky because generally it is a waste of time to try to use Interchange without shell access. (in above case)