The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting challenge for advanced users.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TogaDave, Oct 16, 2003.

1. TogaDave

TogaDave Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2003
    Let me preface this by saying I'm not even sure if this is possible, but if it is it would be incredibly helpful if someone could tell me how it's done.

My partner and I are splitting a dedicated server, yet each want to maintain our own individual company names, with the ability to send out emails from WHM only to our own respective customers.

Unfortunately, when I setup the dedicated, instead of creating each of our account as resellers under the root WHM login, I created my reseller account under root, then I created his reseller account under mine. Obviously, now when I try to send an email out to all of my customers, if I include everyone the email goes out to his customers too because I didn't create his reseller account from the root WHM.

So, my challenge/problem - is there a way to migrate his whole reseller account out of mine and into it's own at root, without causing a bunch of problems or wreaking havoc on any of his customers?

I wish I knew a better way to word the question, but basically I want to make so that my partner is not a reseller under my account, but just under the root of the server.

Thanks in advance for any/all advice,
    Dave Support Ticket Number:
  2. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Vancouver, Canada
    I think you can do this with two seperate reseller accounts. That way each one will have access to his own client accounts. Since you can also let each of the two reseller accounts have root features, bith of you can still be in full control.

I suggest:
    * If not done already, create an account for each of you and then assign reseller status to both. Set both to have root feaures for full control.
    * Next "split" all the accounts between you and your partner by setting their ownerships to either yourself or him. That goes for the client accounts as well as you own account.

Hope the above makes sense ;) Support Ticket Number:
  3. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2001
    ON, Canada
    I think all you have to do is log into WHM as root and use the "Change ownership of an account" to put his reseller account under root.

If that won't work with reseller accounts, just create a new reseller account as root for him and then use that feature to move his accounts to his new reseller account.