The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intermapper Probe for Cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shane3673, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Shane3673

Shane3673 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this in, but I wasn't sure what category it fell in.

I work for a WISP and we are setting up CPanel servers in order to move from InMotion Hosting because we have had a lot of problems with them. I have everything setup for the most part and everything is functional. We use Intermapper for network monitoring and I have created a map for our CPanel network and servers. Currently they are just using pings, but I have installed and setup net-snmp daemon on the servers and would like to use SNMP for monitoring instead. I have been looking for a probe that is already created for CPanel, but have had no luck so far. I have someone here that has made probes for networking equipment before, but I would imagine a server probe would be a lot more difficult.

Does anyone use Intermapper for monitoring? Has anyone found a probe that works well for CPanel servers running CentOS that are used for email, webpages, and ftp?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

There is a relevant thread here that you might find helpful:

Install Net SNTP on cPanel server

I have moved this thread to the "cPanel/WHM Discussions" forum so there is more potential for user-feedback.

Thank you.

3. Shane3673

Shane3673 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes I did see this thread and it helped with figuring out how to enable SMNP on the servers. SMNP probes are a lot more complex to create from scratch because you have to look through all the MIBs and create the probe using the only MIBs that you need/want.

Thanks for moving to to the right area.