The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intermittent 403 errors accessing javascript file

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sp3ctre69, Feb 17, 2015.

1. sp3ctre69

sp3ctre69 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have a forum running on an WHM server and intermittently it is giving "403 (Forbidden)" errors on a javascript file.

The link to the file is as follows:

http://<domain>/<site>/styles/we_universal/template/jQuery.headroom.min.js?assets_version=12

It seems to happen on Safari on my iPhone but not on the desktop browsers. I wondered if it was a mod_security trigger but mod_security hasn't been enabled on the server (and is explicitly disabled for this site).

This file has 755 permissions just like the other files, and works 90% of the time, but if I hit refresh a few times this file (and only this one.. ever) will give a 403 error.

The error_log gives this:

[:error] [pid 12328] mod_ruid2 <domain> GET /z4new2/styles/we_universal/template/jQuery.headroom.min.js?assets_version=12 HTTP/1.1 chdir to /home/virtfs/jsz2foru failed

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I've been rattling my head over this all day.

Thanks,

Jim

2. sp3ctre69

sp3ctre69 Well-Known Member

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.