The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intermittent Apache/PHP Weirdness

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by shacker23, May 4, 2008.

1. shacker23

shacker23 Well-Known Member

I see a number of threads here about Apache forcing download of PHP files to browsers rather than parsing them, but most of the solutions are re: configuration of Apache/PHP. My issue is a little different. I upgraded PHP 4.2.x and Apache 1.3.x to PHP 5.2.5 and Apache 2.2.8 a few weeks ago. Everything works normally most of the time, but occasionally we see the "download PHP file to browser" issue.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why or when this happens - it just starts happening and continues until I restart Apache. Then it goes away for a day or two and then the problem returns.

The server isn't overloaded - loads are generally around 0.5 - so I don't think it's a memory issue or anything like that.

What could cause this intermittent behavior? Should I consider downgrading Apache to the 2.0 branch? Other thoughts? Thanks.

2. shadowspid

shadowspid Active Member

I got the Same prob here too.

Seems like you are not the only one affected..

Same here too..

I tried php 5.26 and php 5.25 with suhosin and or suphp

i think i will try to remove suhosin and suphp for now... have you tried that?

3. shacker23

shacker23 Well-Known Member

Hrm. I'm not using suhosin or suphp - it's a pretty vanilla setup. I haven't yet tried downgrading apache or upgrading php to 5.2.6, as the intermittent behavior has been *very* occassional lately. Haven't gotten a report about it for more than a week, so it seems to have subsided. But keeping a close eye on it, as the security implications are significant.