The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intermittent database errors on reseller account

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by piersrr, Sep 25, 2014.

1. piersrr

piersrr Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi there - sorry for newbie post

I'm running a reseller account, with most of the 30 clients using Wordpress. Recently across all sites I've been getting intermittent "Error establishing database connection" errors on the Wordpress sites, but non-database sites are fine.

My web host conveniently ignores the problems until they go away, and then says "there isn't a problem your sites are working".

Is there a way for me to work out what is causing this? MySQL logs or something? Could it be the sheer number of Wordpress sites using the same localhost MySQL? It's probably on a shared server, so could it be another website/user hogging MySQL bandwidth (if that's a thing)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

2. server9host

server9host Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

"Error establishing database connection" this error come when your server mysql service was stuck or you use wrong database credential . For wordpress you get database credential in wp-config.php file. Please check credential is correct or not.

You also check log for your site from error_log file.

Thanks

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

It's difficult to troubleshoot this type of issue without root access to the server. It seems like the MySQL server itself is having trouble handling the database connections, so you may need to address this further with your provider by having them review the MySQL error log on the system.

Thank you.