Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internal and external zone settings

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Wagner K. Arendt, May 16, 2017.

1. Wagner K. Arendt

Wagner K. Arendt Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello.

Currently I have the following situation in the new CPANEL infrastructure that I am configuring.

CPANEL Server:
    Public IP: 189.224.xx.xx
    NAT IP: 10.224.xx.xx

Domain: example.com.br

My Network: 10.224.50.0/24

In my current infrastructure to solve this situation I have a BIND DNS server with two views, internal and external.

In the internal view the match-clients parameter is my network (10.224.50.0/24) and the zone configuration uses the NAT IPs. Example: webmail.example.com.br IN A 10.224.50.10.

In the external view all the IPs that are not on my network are released and the zone configuration uses the public IPs. Example: webmail.example.com.br IN A 189.224.xx.xx.

Can I carry out the same situation in CPANEL?

I already read everything that is tutorial and I can not find answers.

When I create the plan, CPANEL configures DNS zones using public IP.

If I configure it manually by console, it works without problems. But I want to manage everything by WHM and DNS cluster.

Thanks for listening.

#1 Wagner K. Arendt, May 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017
  2. cPanelJasonT

cPanelJasonT Level 2 Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    cPanel configures dns zones for accounts with one addresses. The way to configure seperate internal and external views would be to edit the /etc/named.conf file. Unfortunately, when cpanel rebuilds this configuration file, it will overwrite these changes. Such changes would have to be manually created in /etc/named.conf. I would avoid running /scripts/rebuilddnsconfig while custom changes are in place.