The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internal death: dying upon apachestatus()

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Beansprout, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Beansprout

Beansprout Active Member

Hi guys, got a few problems here which are somehow related, but I know neither why nor how to fix 'em :)

Every now and then, for no reason I can work out, the Apache Status command from WHM will take ages to load the Apache status and then cut off halfway with [an error occured when processing this directive].

Restarting Apache solves it.

Also, urchin stats will hang on loading. As in...perhaps the title HTML would be sent, but that's it. The page just sits there doing nothing, blank...not loading at all.

Squirrelmail will do the same - half-load, very slowly.

The odd thing is that when connecting to cPanel through the non-secure port (ie, HTTP), Urchin will load fine as (I think) will Squirrelmail.

Even odder still, is that an Apache and/or MySQL restart throgh WHM will solve all the above issues every single time, without fail. Mad! :)

I've also found this in the cPanel error log from earlier, when the Apache status was giving the error described above:

Any ideas? I'm reasonably competent with cPanel and its backend, but not enough to figure this one out. It's been going on for a few weeks now.

I'm running WHM 10.8.0 & cPanel 10.8.1-R10 on RedHat Enterprise 3 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0 all on top of a 2.4 kernel.

Thanks for anyone who can help....please don't tell me there's a similar thread because I did try searching, and I'll look such a fool :eek: :)

2. Beansprout

Beansprout Active Member

Nobody got any ideas on this?

3. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Check /var/log/messages for possible disk errors and memory errors

also post top stats afte the machine has run long enough to start having issues

post your /etc/my.cnf also

make sure apache is set to kill off and respawn its child processes after so many requests

we set ours for 10000

#3 dave9000, Dec 20, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  4. Beansprout

Beansprout Active Member