The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internal Email only (Between own domain)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by darren.nolan, Feb 26, 2008.

1. darren.nolan

darren.nolan Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

Seeing how everyone is just simply so fantastic I'll ask here. I've tried searching (even for 3rd party applications to install on user's computers) for a solution where I can lock down emails being sent and received for a particular account.

Basically one company has many offices/stores - and those should only ever get emails from the headoffice email address.

This isn't a problem - I can lock this down through email filters - if it doesn't match the headoffice address discard the email and return a message.

But how can I do it on sending emails - each of the store addresses should only be able to send back to the headoffice email address - and not to anyone else.

To my understanding (through trial and error) - email filters only work on incoming mail - not outgoing.

Is there another solution for blocking outgoing email not to a particular address?

Personally I believe if they can't receive email from anyone but the headoffice - what's the point in trying to send email to a random hotmail address.

Anyway - as usual your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Darren.