Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Internal error after switching to PHP7.2 and back to 7.1

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Thunderchild, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So I was running PHP7.1 after switching from 5.6. I thought I'd move to the latest 7.2. Erm then I got:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

So I re-enabled 7.1, still have the errors. This happens to ever site on the server (all wordpress). The server itself is still running with emails etc.

2. sysnishit

sysnishit Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

What is exact error in apache error_log ? You can check logs using command tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log. Also make sure version is changed (back to 7.1) for site by uploading phpinfo.php and accessing via web.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thunderchild

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This has been resolved for me by cPanel. the explanation was:

Upon further investigation it appears that the RLimitMem setting for your server was causing a conflict that prevent all of the modules for php from loading.

I am not entirely sure what it means.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Thunderchild,

Apache's RLimitMem directive limits the memory consumption of processes launched by Apache httpd children. Per the support ticket, it looks like the Apache processes were reaching the defined memory limit which resulted in the error messages you noticed. You can read more about the RLimitMem directive at:

core - Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Thunderchild

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hm, I set that limit after the problem started in the hope of guaranteeing enough memory so it would appear something else was causing a problem perhaps. Obviously i do not know all the steps cPanel took to resolve the problem.

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Thunderchild,

Could you respond to the existing support ticket to explain the issue persists so that one of our Technical Analysts can continue investigating?

Thank you.