The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internal Server error after MYSQL upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by huzie, Mar 8, 2011.

1. huzie

huzie Member

Hi all,

JUst updated our server to mysql 5.1 and now all sites have the following - Help!

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@myemail.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.myserver.com Port 80

2. huzie

huzie Member

Hi all,

Ok I fixed this.. I had to rebuild Apache and remove mod_security - is this going to cause me an issue?

Also once having done this all of our Joomla sites had corrupt tables in jos_components, jos_core_acl_aro and jos_sessions

we have had to restore all joomla databases to previous backups in order to get around this.. I believe this is an issue that I also found here http://forums.cpanel.net/f354/help-failed-upgrade-mysql-4-1-5-1-corrupt-tables-144293.html

3. LinuxTechie

LinuxTechie Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

After mysql upgradation you need to do an easy apache ( php will get recompiled with mysql ) to avoid internal server error. Mod_security is a web based firewall and it is important in securing your server.

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ordinarily, PHP being compiled against the wrong version of MySQL will cause an error from PHP telling you that it cannot connect to MySQL, not an internal server error. Internal server errors are usually caused by permissions or ownerships problems with suPHP, or problems with log files, or problems with modules like mod_security like the original poster has encountered.

For more information about mod_security, refer to its home page at the following URL:

ModSecurity: Open Source Web Application Firewall

5. LinuxTechie

LinuxTechie Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

After mysql up gradation if you won't compile php with mysql it will surely return Internal server errors. That's my experience!