The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

internal server error on apache server

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by mbwani, Aug 11, 2012.

1. mbwani

mbwani Registered

Aug 11, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    whenever i try to post something on my website which uses wordpress the server error occurs and it takes long time to post and after that i need to re-enter into the dashboard in order to post again and at the end same error occurs. error occurs every time i press publish post or update post button.
    the error looks like this:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at Port 80

and the server error logs display this:
    [Sun Aug 05 22:35:22 2012] [warn] [client] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 120 seconds
    [Sun Aug 05 22:35:22 2012] [error] [client] Premature end of script headers: index.php
    [Sun Aug 05 22:35:28 2012] [warn] [client] mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 120 seconds
    [Sun Aug 05 22:35:28 2012] [error] [client] Premature end of script headers: wp-cron.php
    i am unable to understand what is happening.
    please help me .
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The error message you provided indicates the FCGI limits are being reached. The following thread includes information on how to increase these limits:

Mod_fcgid timeouts

Thank you.