The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internal Server Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rootuser, Apr 7, 2005.

1. rootuser

rootuser Well-Known Member

Getting Internal server error when iam trying to run a cgi script under a particular domain.suexec logs are below.

Premature end of script headers: /home/*/public_html/*/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi

Also i tried some steps already specified in this forum also.

1. Should not use the File Manager, as mentioned

2. Always check that you upload .cgi, .pl and .pm files in ASCII mode via FTP

3. Make sure that the cgi-bin and any subdirectories that you have CGI scripts in has been CHMOD 755 nothing else.

4. Make sure that your CGI scripts have been CHMOD 755 (or 711, it's more secure).

But no luck.

In the same server all are sites are running cgi scripts with out any any problems.

Plz help me, any ideas :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

The first thing that I would do is to check that the script has been uploaded correctly and has not become garbled when uploading.

From an SSH window, try to edit the script and see if it is readable/meaningful. If it looks normal it will have (probably) uploaded fine, however if it is a load of essentially meaningless characters then it will not have been uploaded correctly.

I can't say whether this will reveal anything useful - this is just the first thing I'd check.

3. rootuser

rootuser Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply's,when i try to run the script through ssh got some errors like below.

# perl -w ./kj.cgi

Unrecognized escape \A in character class passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/^[\A <-- HERE -Za-z0-9]+\.\d+$/ at ./kj.cgi line 103.
    Name "main::kj_not_null" used only once: possible typo at ./kj.cgi line 792.
    Name "main::kj_max_hits" used only once: possible typo at ./kj.cgi line 363.
    Name "main::auth_no_authentication" used only once: possible typo at ./kj.cgi line 77.
    Name "main::kj_script_link_url" used only once: possible typo at ./kj.cgi line 84.
    Name "main::auth_view_own" used only once: possible typo at ./kj.cgi line 369.
    Name "main::kj_bold" used only once: possible typo at ./kj.cgi line 522.
    Name "main::auth_signup_permissions" used only once: possible typo at ./kj.cgi line 705.
    Use of uninitialized value in string eq at ./kj.cgi line 1098.
    Use of uninitialized value in string eq at ./kj.cgi line 1098.
    Content-type: text/html
    encountered an internal error. Please enable debugging to view.