The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internal Server Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sadanoops, Apr 17, 2008.

1. sadanoops

sadanoops Member

Hi -

One of my clients is getting this error on every addon domians and his main site. I do own the hosting company and need to fix this for them - any help would be great it's only happen on this one account - I think that he was trying to redirect i name i think and now all his site are now getting this message ....

Any help would great !

Sadanoops

2. idealso

idealso Active Member

The answer is probably in his Apache error log.

3. Fernis

Fernis Well-Known Member

I had this same problem after ttransferring an acoount that allowed clients to use either php4 or 5. I offer only php5

To correct this I removed the command in the .htaccess file in the public_html directory that told the script to use php5.

4. SupportedServer

SupportedServer Registered

Check any .htaccess files and remove any entries that start with "php_flag" or "php_value".

You may also need to check the permissions of the files within the directories. Setting all files and folders to 777 can be a security issue, and may cause apache errors depending on which modules you're using.

5. nerbonne

nerbonne Well-Known Member

Over SSH, type this command:

tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log

And then watch the log while you load the site. It will probably tell you what is wrong. If you have phpsuexec or suexec enabled, it's probably the .htaccess file, or a php file set to 777, or a file or directory that is not owned by the user account, or the public_html directory has the wrong permissions or is not owned by group nobody.