Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Internet access lost after cPanel installation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by alfasoft, Dec 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. alfasoft

alfasoft Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello.

I installed centos 7 and then installed cpanel + whm.

I had internet connection in the server, accessed it through ssh and installed the software. After installation, I was able to access whm and login, to finish configuring the installed system. After configuration, WHM requested a reboot, I pressed the reboot button, and after the server restarted, I had no internet connectivity.

I am not able to access the server through SSH nor WHM, and from the server I am not able to ping any site. I am still able to access the server through IPMI.

I don't know if this is something installation related or where to look for any problem during the configuration process.

Any hints on how to figure this out?

Thank you.

2. Eminds

Eminds Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    well .. for this issue you will need to contact your server provider , as Cpanel installation does not make any changes to your resolver files and it looks like resolver issues , did you tried with restarting the networking service on the server ?

3. SysSachin

SysSachin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi,
    Have you installed/enable any firewall on your server ? If yes, then try to disable firewall through IPMI as might be your ISP IP or ports blocked by firewall.

4. alfasoft

alfasoft Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello.

I followed cpanel pre installation instructions to disable selinux and network manager, and to enable network. I have also stopped iptables and cleared the rules as per the same instructions. Then I installed cPanel, and after installation I rebooted the server. I had not rebooted it in the meanwhile, so I am unsure if the internet problem was caused by those changes.

I have seen something strange when I type route -n:
    Destination | Gateway | Genmask | Flags | Metric | Ref | Use | Iface
    169.254.0.0 | 0.0.0.0 | 255.255.0.0 | U | 1002 | 0 | 0 | enp2s0f0

Shouldn't I see my gateway here?

I have tried adding it with `route add default gw 172.XXX.194.1 dev enp2s0f0` but I get an error:
    `SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable`

Any hints?

I am able to ping a server that is in the same network (172.XXX.194.17).

5. alfasoft

alfasoft Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello again.

I have been able to solve the issue (at least apparently) by updating the configuration of my interface in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-enp2s0f0

I removed a few lines and added others, based on a configuration sample I found online, so I am unable to find the offending line.

Nonetheless, since I made several changes, I am afraid that it might impact cpanel or any of its features. Is there anything I can do to test the server now? Any stress tests, any commands I can run from the terminal to see if services are operating correctly (mail, mysql, http, php and or others) and if the network is how it is supposed to be?

Thank you.

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You can browse to the following option in Web Host Manager see the service status:

"WHM Home » Server Status » Service Status"

However, since it's a new installation with no accounts, and the previous trouble began when rebooting the system, you'd probably want to issue another reboot to make sure it works successfully this time.

Thank you.

7. ivan.g

ivan.g Member

I doubt the thread should have been marked as RESOLVED, since no real solution is posted.

I had the same issue, where fully working networking was lost after rebooting the server (to enable filesystem quotas).

The solution to resolve it (CentOS 7) was (as advised by cPanel support):
    ====================================================
    I had a second look at your network configuration, and noticed that your IPADDR, GATEWAY, and PREFIX had a '0' suffix. Under NetworkManager and Networking, this should not be the case.

Please try the following steps:

1) Modify ifcfg-eth0's script file to remove the '0' suffix from those 3 lines.
    2) After saving the file, restart "network" with "systemctl restart network"
    3) Restart ipaliases with /scripts/restartsrv_ipaliases
    =====================================================

This solution resolved my problem, hopefully it could help somebody else.

cPanelMichael likes this.