The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intranet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mariwal, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Mariwal

Mariwal Registered

Hello,

First off all , I alread serach for topics contian INTRANET, but do not found what I looking for

1. I have a company and have a intranet, I want to know if is possoble install the cpanel in myu intranet.
    2. I already know that at the moment it this is implissible
    3. Well If i register/buy a cpnael and WHM for my company IP address but only isntall in my intranet, it is possoble? The company´s main IP is static.

Thank you
    Mariwal

2. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I think the answer is still no because it needs an external IP to bind the license to.

3. Mariwal

Mariwal Registered

thank you

thank you rhenderson :)

4. MattDees

MattDees cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As long as the machine has access to the outside network, this should work fine. You would need to license whatever the result of lynx --dump cpanel.net/myip/ returned.

cpanel works rather well within a private network - just don't expect some things to work the same (namely email and dns). That being said, this setup will not work for serving pages to outside your company network. It will only work for machines inside of your network.

5. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am going to load this up on a test box in my private network and test it, never have done it because in the past all I have ever heard is that it will not work because of a licensing issue. From what I hear you saying, it will work on a private network that has a Internet connection, what I wonder is will I see lynx --dump cpanel.net/myip/ 192.168.0.3 or the Incoming Internet address which is served by the router.