The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intrepid Cpanel 8.x

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by Planet_Master, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Planet_Master

Planet_Master Well-Known Member

When PlanetGAC hired me to redesign a couple of their skins I said what the hell, not realizing what a custom skin means for business. Since they have been using the 2.2x series and Dark VisionZ business has multiplied 5 times! Of course they added many more features and options in addition to what Cpanel offers but the custom looks grab customers.

So they commissioned me to create a whole new control panel. One that is not only easily upgradeable and fast loading but informative. Using the Cpanel API and custom API I added tons of information and also tutorials where you would least expect them, right in the control panel.

The key was to grab the novice, the Homesteader, geocities, AOL builders who shy from the real thing without drop and drag. Also snag those who have know idea what the file manager is or public_html.

So I thought about it for a few days on how to proceed and I decided on a complete HTML rewrite of the entire control panel. All the files modified, all new images and icons and most of all information. Super fast loading pages only 2000 bytes each and functionality. the ability to upgrade and add features that no one else has.

I came up with Intrepid This is a totally new approach to Cpanel and so far it is really amazing. Clients of their company are BETA testing this weekend and a public demo will be released on Monday (I will post here)
    Anyways they did allow me to post a screen but I had to hot link because file was too big for this forum. Check it out here and look for a full release at cpanelskinz.com

DEMO REMOVED FOR RELEASE

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: What a custom skin means to your company

#1 Planet_Master, Oct 24, 2003
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2003
  2. Planet_Master

Have a live working demo for Intrepid. Amazing how sign-ups went from about 20 a day to 300 in 2 days with that anticipated release. I suspect now with the demo, the fact that we are adding a complete JSP auto install area, Urchin, Design Studio Editor and more that this will help sales tremendously.

The control panel works with javascript includes and is so easily updated its scary. I hope to add many new modules and also release a high tech template version.

And to top everything off its fully 128-bit SSL secure!

The file manager uses individual icons for different file extensions, all images are revamped, all html rewritten.

Just a note, Cpanel has tons of uneccessary and wasteful coding in thier HTML, probably left over from older CP's, I strongly urge all to clean up their theme HTML files for faster loading and better efficiency.

DEMO REMOVED FOR RELEASE

#2 Planet_Master, Nov 4, 2003
  3. tvcnet

tvcnet Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Very slick.
    And you are posting this as bragging rights, or are you considering offering this to community?

Thanks,
    Jim

4. tAzMaNiAc

tAzMaNiAc Well-Known Member

He said to look for a release of it..

===
    Check it out here and look for a full release at cpanelskinz.com
    ====

5. Planet_Master

I am just ironing out a few linking bugs and adding some more options and this is for release. I also uploaded the psd files so you can customize the logo.

just need to add a few more icons for files in file manager. I have a different icon for different extensions so you can easily tell files apart unlike the current which gives the same icon for every file.

Also adding a JSP section with auto installs.

Will be available at cpanelskinz.com once the site goes live in about 10 days. I see a very stable release then, just about there already...

Definitely going out to public and shit a bit of bragging too tvcnet!:p

6. Planet_Master

Please no more private messages on price, this will be determined and the theme released on November 14th at http://www.cpanelskinz.com

thx

7. BuBa

BuBa Active Member

Will this skin (or others) be multilingual when it comes out or in the futher.

8. Planet_Master

Great question and the answer is I would like to, I need some translators. I put an ad in the ads forum for staff and translators will be added as well. Multi language makes it more accessible by more people and I would definitely like to add that option.

9. BuBa

BuBa Active Member

That will be nice, but your site is still not open how are things going on :confused:

10. tAzMaNiAc

tAzMaNiAc Well-Known Member

Wow what a lovely delay.

Nov 14 and now it's Nov 27.

13 days in waiting for the rest of us. Let us know :)

Brenden

11. Planet_Master

Valid! Seems its more difficult to get it going when the hosting and design business is keeping me busy and sleepless. I am trying my best to get it online and have a few people working on a new theme as well called "Centurion". I am shooting for 1st week of December.....:confused:

12. yipoon

yipoon Registered

I would like to participate in translation. I could get your panel translated into german, danish, norwegian, swedish, finnish, russian, estonian and vietnamese in exchange for some free licenses (because I need thoses languages anyway). So just let me know when your panel is ready and send me the language file so I can start.

raul@host.ee

Planet Master:
    --------------
    Great question and the answer is I would like to, I need some translators. I put an ad in the ads forum for staff and translators will be added as well. Multi language makes it more accessible by more people and I would definitely like to add that option.
    ---------------

13. BuBa

BuBa Active Member

Is this not ruthe to ask for free licenses, let he first get his business on-line :eek:

14. Planet_Master

Thx BuBa for da' back....But I am a perfectionist and looks like a Christmas release is in order coupled with the new "Centurion" CP as well. Both will have multi language and tons of new stuff unrealized or maybe just overlooked in CP's for Cpanel. Most ideas we get from user/customer feedback.

Now I have RVskin on my servers, my NOC installs free and they have a host of options but honestly RVskins have to be the most hideous looking CP's around. They do have some advanced options, which is their strength, but as far as looks....Yuch! Maybe its me but the colors are the same as the PBS Arthur site my nieces go to. Just dreadful. Why all the different colors? Cant get it right just once? Have to make 10 different eyesores?

I don't want you to think I am bashing RVskin, their options and features are tops but aesthetically speaking...very unprofessional almost childlike. Hopefully they too will start creating sleeker more advanced looking skins which incorporate their features.

That's the kind of CP's I try not to create. Our feedback tells us people like more website feel to their CP, instead of the one page with everything on it. More organized and able to add more to each category without clogging up the homepage.

So I will guarantee a Christmas time release and opening. And perhaps a few presents for all.

PS: yipoon I will contact you when and if I need your assistance, thx.

#14 Planet_Master, Dec 3, 2003
  15. BuBa

BuBa Active Member

Hi Planet_Master,

Happy Holidays, but that you said you guarantee the it will be opend at Christmas time you don't mean this year hé ;)

16. mvital

mvital Well-Known Member

maybe not ..... :rolleyes:

17. BuBa

BuBa Active Member

A update already

Hi Planet_Master,

Any time-frame/update already when you going to release it ;)

18. qbert1987

qbert1987 Well-Known Member

i must say i get quite disapointed each time i go to that site and it still hasent opened. I cant wate. Hopefully the planet_master hasent droped off the face of the earth like so many other people who talk about things befor they are releced and never achaly get around to releceing them.

ALSO HAPPY BIRTHDAY PLANET MASTER!!!

:rolleyes:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

#18 qbert1987, Feb 8, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2004
  19. BuBa

BuBa Active Member

I don't think

I don't think we ever going to see this skin because I did not see Planet_Master on line now for a long time

20. Planet_Master

I am still here, dont drop me off the planet now.

Anyway I have a new version Intrepid V2-R3 released and ready for download if anyone is interested. I need to just remove my custom links and pages but if you email me I will provide a download link.

Demo:
    http://intrepid.planetgac.com/cpanel
    user: demo
    pass: demogac

#20 Planet_Master, May 3, 2004
    Last edited: May 5, 2004